Senior software engineer (Java)
Drève Richelle, 167, 1410 Waterloo, Belgium
ACSONE sa/nv develops tailor made high-quality software solutions for clients in Europe, based on open-source technologies and open standards.
To reinforce its custom business applications project teams, ACSONE is looking for a senior software engineer with a Java background.
If you recognize yourself in most of these:
- Passionate about software development and open-source technologies;
- Efficient and autonomous;
- Focused on software development, highly interested in clean code and modern software architecture;
- Curious about emerging technologies and frameworks;
- Communicate designs in a clear way, sharing technical solutions with others;
- Comfortable with customers, can explain complex technical matters in a didactic way;
- Holding a relevant master degree (in computer science, engineering, mathematics, ...);
- French or Dutch speaking, with a good command of English.
and you would like to:
- Elaborate technical solutions to challenging business requirements;
- Deliver high-quality software, being part of a very efficient team;
- Use modern software development methods in a self-organized team;
- Work with the latest technologies;
- Learn every day while adding value to the team;
- Be part of a human sized company that cares about his employees;
- Meet the customer and understand his business in order to provide the best fitted software.
Then contact us and get this new job in a friendly and dynamic working environment, on challenging and really interesting projects. Besides the benefits of working in a human-sized company, with great colleagues and involved managers, you’ll get an attractive salary package, regular training and the opportunity to continuously evolve with the company, either in a technical path or in a business path.
You will be based in our Waterloo office, with part-time remote work possibilities.
Nearly convinced? Need more details? Click on the "apply" button below or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will be more than happy to meet you and find out if you/we are the perfect match.
Specific experience sought
- A relevant master degree (computer science, engineering, mathematics, etc).
- Approx 5 years field experience in software development
While we believe a good grasp of concepts is more important than specific technologies, we expect you have gained hands-on experience with the following parts of the Java ecosystem:
- Java 9 and up
- One of the biggest Java frameworks like Spring, Micronaut, Quarkus (or even Vert.x) and their underlying concepts (JPA, Hibernate, bean-validation, inversion of control, ...).
- Build tools such as Maven or Gradle.
- Testing frameworks such as JUnit, Mockito or Spock.
- REST/JSON services and how to build and consume them in Java.
Of course, generic software engineering experience is important too:
- Issue tracking tools (Redmine, Jira, ...)
- Version control (git)
- Productivity tools (IDE's)
- Agile methods
We also value additional experience in the following areas:
- CI/CD, DevOps
- XML-based editorial systems