3-4-5 October 2018: the Odoo Experience Days...The violet flow ready to show the last improvements of the well-known fully integrated software!
The 2018 worldwide Odoo mass has been held in Louvain-la-Neuve once again and we were present for the 6th time... Three intense days full of conferences, workshops, technical or functional information offered to any kind of audience: Managers, IT Engineers, Developpers, Business Analysts, Students. As always, this meeting was the opportunity for Odoo to present the newest features of the last version (version 12, released this month). Among those biggest improvements:
- a complete document management system (paperless office)
- integration of OCR technology (image recognition)
- new report designer (customize your invoices or purchase orders)
- accounting: new payment method integration, reconciliation improvements, ...
- new views, dashboards and keyboard shortcuts
- Stéphane Bidoul explained a new technique to analyse and implement complex business processes with Odoo, illustrated with a business case at the SPW (Service Public de Wallonie - SILOG project);
- Laurent had a great technical talk detailing how to build REST APIs for Odoo with Swagger. Developers' oriented, this talk gave clues on how building specialized service interfaces to interact with Odoo.
AlfOdoo and ShopInvader, cornerstones of Acsone Odoo Services
AlfOdoo - Web CMIS Viewer: Alfodoo is a set of addons to seamlessly integrate an external Document Management System with Odoo. It provides a new kind of field CmisFolder and its powerful widget FieldCmisFolder. AlfOdoo displays and manages content from a CMIS container linked to an Odoo model. It works particularly well with Alfresco
ShopInvader: ShopInvader is an ecommerce software to create and manage easily your online store with Odoo. Spearheaded by Akretion, this project is growing rapidly as a robust e-commerce alfternative. Acsone is proud to be a key contributor and partner to this project.
1st-2nd of October: OCA days
What is OCA? the Odoo Community Association is a non-profit organization whose mission is to promote the widespread use of Odoo and to support the collaborative development of Odoo features.
Who is attending? Dedicated to developpers, the OCA days is the place where all together, they contribute to improve or develop new applications. They have to choose among different topics (among those proposed by Acsone: accounting, stock (Denis), mis-builder (Stéphane), OCA-Appstore, Shopinvader (Laurent)) or propose may new ones.
OCA days: What for? OCA days gathers there technical skills of all a community. It makes virtual finally concrete and pushes up contributions and developments of new ideas, applications, projects.
OCA Days: How? Two full days of sharing ideas, advices, tip and tricks, in a very big open space with some conference rooms. Starting the first day by a quick presentation of the main goal of the sprint: improve some performance issues, fix bugs, review and merge some source code. All this in a friendly technical and pleasant atmosphere enhanced by cakes, juices, sweet pampering this motivated and determined audience!
Be ready for the next year OCA experience!